Sabi Sabi Selati Camp, a five star Lodge in the Sabi Sabi Private Game Reserve, located in the Sabi Sand Game Reserve which is open and adjacent the Kruger National Park. This affords incredible biodiversity to the area with any of the Kruger Park animals being able to freely access Sabi Sabi, making each game drive unique.
Sabi Sabi’s Selati Camp at a Glance
- 8 Brick under Thatch Luxury Suites
- Luxurious bathrooms en suite
- Outdoor shower
- Dining, decks overlooking the river, in the boma or the “Farmhouse kitchen”
- Railway themed Bar
- Lodge swimming pool
- Super luxurious Ivory Presidential suite
- Luxurious decor
- Four poster bed
- Fire place
- Separate dressing room
- Private plunge pool
Make an Enquiry or Booking
Accommodation at Sabi Sabi’s Selati Camp
Selati Camp has been furnished depicting the Colonial Selati Steam Railway era, the rail line passed close by the camp in the early days of gold mining on the Drakensberg escarpment. Original steam engine name plates, semaphores decorate the main Lodge, whilst railway lanterns light the paths to ones chalet, these suites decorated with interesting memorabilia and antique collector's pieces.
Established without electricity to preserve this ambience, Selati Camp has subsequently installed air-conditioning as well as ceiling fans for guest comfortin the 8 opulent chalets and the uber luxurious Ivory Presidential suite. Lanterns still add that magical glow, reminiscent of days of old.
Activities at Selati Camp
Early mornings and afternoons, into the evenings, Salati Camp Rangers and tracker, take guests on open vehicle game drives in the Sabi Sabi Game Reserve. These excursions often leave the Park road network to get close to some partially hidden animals in order to secure close clear photographic opportunities. This off-roading, is done in particular, when lion and leopard are encountered. Leopard, normally the most elusive of the big cats, are regularly viewed at the various Lodges in this Sabi Sabi Game Reserve. The general game viewing is also particularly good with sightings of all the Big 5 and oftern wild dog and cheetah as well. This along with giraffe, zebra and a wide variety of antelope species, with the diversity of birdlife excellent, especially with summer and the migrant arrivals.
Make an Enquiry or Booking
Child Policy at Selati Camp, Sabi Sabi Game Reserve
- No children under 13 yrs. From 13 children are considered adult at Sabi Sabi.
- Selati Camp has 2 family rooms with additional max 2 children per room.
- Children under 13 yrs not allowed at Selati Camp, unless the entire Lodge is booked out by one group.
- With an exclusive reservation of Selati Camp, children between the age of 3 and 6 years may accompany their parents on game drives
- Babysitters can be arranged on arrival at Selati Camp